Safety and security of main gas transit infrastructure
The specific objectives are:
D) Provide training of key beneficiary personnel on one or more pipeline segments of a "excellence system", encompassing also infrastructure interoperability protocols and sharing.
- Optimisation of the efficiency of the beneficiaries` management systems for their main gas transit lines. Such a management system should provide for workable and effective procedures in monitoring, intervention and infrastructure maintenance.
- Correct assessment of network and trunk line causes of service disruption.
Identification of and intervention in priority emergency areas.
- Training of key beneficiary personnel on state-of-the-art infrastructure, management and surveillance systems, including study visits if necessary.
- Proposals for further necessary equipment and training needs.
- In cooperation with the supply contractor, establishment of an integrated operating pilot system, addressing especially gas pipeline operational and technical management, including line safety. The system must interface with a pilot surveillance installation on at least one pipeline segment, which must communicate with the main system back at the control centre. It must be replicable on a country and regional basis and be able to address contingency measures as well as routine maintenance and scheduling of operations.
Activities and results achieved so far
Management Systems and Pilot Excellence System
- Assistance to the EC in selection of the Host country for the Pilot Excellence System. The Host country is Ukraine, the Receipient is AC "Ukrtransgas" of NJSC "Naftogaz of Ukraine";
- Review of the initial technical specification for the Pilot Excellence System;
- Finalization of the Technical Specification in close collaboration with the Recipient in the Host Country;
- Assistance to the EC in implementation of the Tender Procedure (Tender Dossier, Clarification meeting, preparation of answers to the bidders’ questions, together with the Receipient participation as an obzerver at the Tender Committee meetings);
- Review of the potential suppliers of the Security Surveillance Systems and IT for the Pipeline Integrity Management Systems;
- Support to implementation of Pilot Excellence System (integration, supply, training);
- Collection and analysis of information of existing pipeline safety and security systems in the Beneficiary countries;
- Review and analysis of the safety and security systems available on the European market and introduced by the European gas infrastructure operators.
- Collection and analysis of information of gas losses, incidents, accidents, outages of gas transit pipelines;
- European practice for collection and processing of the incidents data was identified, contacts with the EGIG were established
- European practice for estimation of gas losses was identified, contacts with the working group "Methane Emissions" of Marcogaz were established;
- Identification and implementation of emergency actions to reduce losses;
- Preparation of the list of necessary equipment for detection of methane emission and respective training plan.
- Organisation of general training on safety and security systems, gas losses in main gas trasnit infratsructure, including 2 study tours and 3 Inter Regional Seminars;
- A number of reports were prepared.