Sustainable Energy Programme for Central Asia: Renewable Energy Sources - Energy Efficiency (CASEP)
Project DescriptionThe overall objective is to contribute to the increased security, reliability and efficiency of energy supplies in the Central Asian counties and thereby to improve the preconditions for regional integration of efficient and sustainable energy system and increased cooperation with EU countries.
Please refer to the CASEP website for full information on this project.
1. The beneficiary countries have defined appropriate policies for the development of renewable energy sources and the improvement of energy efficiency;
2. Priority sectors for energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy are identified and support instruments for their development are designed and implemented by the beneficiary countries;
3. Communities in the beneficiary countries have improved access to energy resources as a result of alternative and sustainable energy-generating capacities and a more efficient use of existing capacities and networks;
4. Central Asian countries have drawn on European expertise in their EE and RES policy development and implementation.
5. Populations of Central Asian countries have improved their awareness about EE and RES issues.
26/04/2013 - 25/04/2016
Energy policy, Energy tariffs, Energy security, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Energy investments
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
|Activity Title ▴▾||Date ▾||Status ▴▾||Location||Type|
|Main achievements and planning activity of the project||23/05/2014 - 23/04/2015||Ongoing||Publications|