New INOGATE Technical Secretariat and integrated programme in support of the Baku Initiative and the Eastern Partnership energy objectives
The overall objective of the proposed programme is to contribute to the progress of the INOGATE Partner Countries in the achievement of the Baku Initiative and the Eastern Partnership objectives. The programme would support a reduction in their dependency on fossil fuels and imports, improvement of the security of their energy supply, and climate change overall mitigation.
- To ensure that assistance in support of the Baku Initiative/Eastern Partnership as well as the Energy Community objectives is more effective, coherent, sustainable and aligned with partner countries` objectives.
- To assist the countries in strengthening energy institutional governance in relation to sustainable energy, in particular by focusing on institutional capacity.
- Improved business climate for energy efficiency and renewable energy investments.
- To support Partner Countries in improving energy economic planning through enhanced use and harmonisation of energy statistics in line with European standards.
- To enhance convergence of Gas and Electricity Markets on the basis of the EU internal energy market principles.
- To increase efficiency of the gas and electricity supply infrastructures.
01/02/2012 - 30/04/2016
Energy policy, Energy tariffs, Energy markets, Energy standards, Energy security, Renewable energy, Energy efficiency, Energy investments, Energy statistics
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
|Communication tool title ▴▾||Type||Date ▴|
|Electricity Transmission Security Standards in Armenia AHEF AM 45||Press releases||26/08/2016|