INOGATE & Tajikistan
The Republic of Tajikistan has been an INOGATE Partner Country since 1999 and has benefited from 28 of INOGATE's 69 projects. INOGATE continues to support Tajkistan in various areas of the energy sector:
- Energy Statistics: With INOGATE assistance, the Statistical Agency under President of the Republic of Tajikistan (TAJSTAT) developed its Energy Statistics Action Plan for 2012-14 focusing on the development of a quality energy balance. INOGATE facilitated the development of a tailor-made methodology and user-friendly tool for energy data collection and energy balance compilation.
- Renewable Energy: INOGATE is providing assistance in development of national level programmes for the assessment of renewable energy (RES) potential in Tajikistan. Following an analysis of alternative scenarios for RES development, highly replicable pilot projects will be identified and developed for tendering.
- Energy Efficiency: The potential for energy efficiency in Tajikistan is being assessed by INOGATE. A gap analysis for improving the legal framework for energy efficiency is ongoing.
- Energy Investments: INOGATE is working with International Financial Institutions to identify funding for bankable projects in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Energy Policy: Focusing on improving the legislative framework for sustainable energy is the priority for INOGATE support to Tajikistan.
AD-HOC EXPERTS FACILITY
STATUS OF EXPERT REQUESTS
INOGATE STATUS REPORT
PROGRESS OF REFORMS
Delegates from Tajikistan will participate in:
Upcoming INOGATE activities in Tajikistan
The INOGATE Programme continues to support the energy dialogue with Tajikistan within the context of the regional energy cooperation between the INOGATE countries and the European Union.
Increased attention is given to sustainable energy as the energy source of the future. The development of pilot projects for both energy efficiency and renewable energy demonstration is an important aspect of future INOGATE support. Support continues to initiatives such as the Covenant of Mayors, whereby cities are committing themselves to reduce CO2 emissions by 20% through the implementation of Sustainable Energy Action Plans. One Tajik city (Somoniyon) has already signed up to this ambitious initiative.
Tariffs are a key issue in energy market reforms and INOGATE will deliver a study providing an overview of tariffs setting methodologies in the Partner Countries and recommending appropriate revisions to tariffs setting methodologies, in line with the relevant EU best practices.
INOGATE continues to support energy supply security by providing a comprehensive study on state of the art technologies for the reduction of gas losses. Other key areas of continued INOGATE support include the development of the energy statistics system and the harmonisation of priority gas and electricity standards.
The INOGATE Technical Secretariat (ITS) activities are being implemented at national level with ITS expert technical assistance provided in the form of capacity and institutional building, and at regional level where the actions include conferences, study tours, national meetings, as well as networking opportunities.
The INOGATE Technical Secretariat and Tajikistan jointly defined the activities for implementation in the period of 2015-2016 and agreed them with the European Commission. This country work plan can be found here.
INOGATE & Tajikistan
|Document title ▴▾
|Regional Work Plan
|Country Work Plan: Tajikistan
|Brochure "Why are Energy Statistics important?
|Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia – Highlights 2013
|Final Report, National Energy Statistics Action Plan for the Republic of Tajikistan
|INOGATE Programme Status Report 2011
|Final Status Report 2011 & preparation of the next Status Report