INOGATE & Belarus
The Republic of Belarus has been an INOGATE Partner Country since 1996 and has benefited from 31 of INOGATE's 69 projects. INOGATE continues to support Belarus in various areas of the energy sector:
- Energy Markets: INOGATE advised Belarus on its current legislation on rules and procedures for the connection to the electricity networks based on best EU practices.
- Energy Statistics: With INOGATE assistance, the National Statistical Committee of Belarus developed its Energy Statistics Action Plan for 2012-14 focusing on the development of a quality energy balance and energy efficiency indicators. INOGATE facilitated the development of a tailor-made methodology and user-friendly tool for energy data collection and energy balance compilation.
- Renewable Energy: INOGATE is helping Belarus to identify gaps and needs for improving existing legislation on renewable energy to overcome barriers to the greater use of renewable energy resources in the heat and electricity sectors. In April 2014, INOGATE and the EBRD facilitated a landmark, dedicated international conference to discuss and make recommendations on how Belarus can boost its renewable energy investments.
- Energy Investments: INOGATE’s comprehensive training in sustainable energy financing helped the local bank, BelVEB Bank, to start implementation of €10 million of sustainable energy projects projects within EBRD’s credit line.
- Energy Policy: INOGATE provided assistance to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection for the improvement of existing legislation to promote renewable energy sources in heat and electricity generation. INOGATE supported an Investment Forum to support necessary changes in legislation so as to improve the investment climate in the country.
AD-HOC EXPERTS FACILITY
STATUS OF EXPERT REQUESTS
INOGATE STATUS REPORT
PROGRESS OF REFORMS
- Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus
- National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus
- Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus
- State commitee for Standardization of the Republic of Belarus
- Belarussian Renewable Energy Association
- State Committee on Science and Technologies of the Republic of Belarus
- European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (Belarus)
Delegates from Belarus will participate in:
Upcoming INOGATE activities in Belarus
The INOGATE Programme continues to support the energy dialogue with Belarus within the context of the regional energy cooperation between the INOGATE countries and the European Union.
Increased attention is given to sustainable energy as the energy source of the future. This includes increasing investments to this sector by, for example, undertaking geospatial mapping of energy efficiency/renewable energy sources and providing a visual tool to support an investment dialogue between policy makers, potential investors and the renewable energy supply chain.
Support continues to initiatives such as the Covenant of Mayors, whereby cities are committing themselves to reduce CO2 emissions by 20% through the implementation of Sustainable Energy Action Plans. Eleven Belarusian cities (Ashmyany, Braslav, Chavusy, Ivie, Kobryn, Molodechno, Novogrudok, Polotsk, Pukhovichi district, Rogachev and Slutsk) have already signed up to this ambitious initiative.
Tariffs are a key issue in energy market reforms and INOGATE will deliver a study providing an overview of tariffs setting methodologies in the Partner Countries and recommending appropriate revisions to tariffs setting methodologies, in line with the relevant EU best practices.
INOGATE continues to support energy supply security by providing a comprehensive study on state of the art technologies for the reduction of gas losses. Other key areas of continued INOGATE support include the development of the energy statistics system and the harmonisation of priority gas and electricity standards.
The INOGATE Technical Secretariat (ITS) activities are being implemented at national level with ITS expert technical assistance provided in the form of capacity and institutional building, and at regional level where the actions include conferences, study tours, national meetings, as well as networking opportunities.
INOGATE Technical Secretariat and Belarus jointly defined the activities for
implementation in the period of 2015-2016 and agreed them with the European
Commission. This country work plan can be found here.
INOGATE & Belarus
|Last & first name ▴||Organization||Position||Role|
|Alekseevich-Fomin, Igor||Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus||Pricing Policy Department Director||RR: Horizontal Group - Regulatory representative|
|Alekseyevich-Polyavchenko, Nikolay||Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus||Head of the Department of Investments||WG 4: Working Group 4 - Investment Attraction|
|Anatolievich-Bobariko, Yury||Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus||Head of the Main Department for Energy Efficiency, Science and State Control||WG 3: Working Group 3 - Sustainable Energy Development|
|Anokhin, Vasili||BelTransGas||Head of Standardization Department of Beltransgas||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Bagrovets, Natali||Belenergo||Head of the Department for Wholesale Trade and Transmission of Electricity and Capacity of the State Production Association “Belenergo”||TEG 1: Technical Expert Group - Energy Markets and Infrastructures|
|Bartnitski, Konstantin||Belenergo||Deputy Head of the Department for Wholesale Trade and Transmission of Electric Energy and Capacity of the State Production Association “Belenergo”||TEG 1: Technical Expert Group - Energy Markets and Infrastructures|
|Djuk, Aleksei||Belergo||Head of exploatation center for electricityequipment||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Dovnar, Olga||National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus||Head of the Main Department of Industrial Statistics||ESN: Horizontal Group - Energy Statistics Network|
|Drozdova, Tatyana||Ministry of Economy||Head of the Main Department of Fuel and Energy Complex, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industry||ESN: Horizontal Group - Energy Statistics Network, RR: Horizontal Group - Regulatory representative|
|Gotovko, Galina||Belarusian State commitee for Standardization and Certification (BelGISS), Gosstandart.||deputy head of the technical regulation and standardization dept||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Kovalev, Denis||Belenergo||Acting General Director for "ODU"||TEG 1: Technical Expert Group - Energy Markets and Infrastructures|
|Leskova, Antonina||Belarusian State Institute for Standardization and Certification (BelGISS), Gosstandart.||Deputy Director for technical normalization and standardization the Republic of Belarus||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Sorich, Andrey||Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus||Deputy Head of Main Department of Strategic Development and Investments||CC: Country Coordinators|
|Olegovna-Kirilenko, Vera||Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Belarus||Deputy Head of the Department for Perspective Development||WG 2: Working Group 2 - Energy Security|
|Osmola, Irina||Belarusian State Institute for Standardization and Certification (BelGISS), Gosstandart.||Director of the Belarusian State Institute for Standardization and Certification (BelGISS), Gosstandart||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Parkovskaia, Natalija||Belarusian State commitee for Standardization and Certification (BelGISS), Gosstandart.||chief consultant of the technical regulation and standardization dept||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Petkevich, Vadim||Belergo||Head of exploatation center for electricity networks||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Pogrebitskaya, Elena||Ministry of Energy, BELTEY||Chief research associate, Ministry of Energy, BELTEY||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Sakun, Valeryia||Ministry of Energy of Belarus||Ministry of Energy of Belarus, Strategic Development Management Department, Chief Specialist||TEG 1: Technical Expert Group - Energy Markets and Infrastructures|
|Skuratov, Alexander||Belarusian State commitee for Standardization and Certification (BelGISS), Gosstandart.||deputy head of the technical regulation dept||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Struckii, Nikolai||Beltopgas||deputy head of gas supply department||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Tatun, Alexander||State Committee of Standardisation of Belarus||Deputy Head of Technical Standardization Department of the State Committee of Standardization of Belarus||TEG 2: Technical Expert Group - Standardisation|
|Vasilievna-Ostrovskaya, Tamara||Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Belarus||Head of the Department of Fuel and Energy Complex, Economic Development and Energy Efficiency||WG 1: Working Group 1 - Energy Market Convergence|
|Voitov, Pavel||BelTransGas||First Deputy General Director/chief Engineer||TEG 1: Technical Expert Group - Energy Markets and Infrastructures|
|Volohovich, Mikhail||BelTransGas||Head of Dispatch Center||TEG 1: Technical Expert Group - Energy Markets and Infrastructures|