INOGATE & Uzbekistan
The Republic of Uzbekistan has been an INOGATE Partner Country since 1996 and has benefited from 33 of INOGATE's 69 projects. Tashkent is the site of INOGATE's Central Asia Regional Coordination Office. INOGATE continues to support Uzbekistan in various areas of the energy sector:
- Energy Markets: INOGATE has helped Uzbekistan to become acquainted with the EU experience of cross border arrangements in the EU and has involved Uzbekistan in discussions as to whether these principles would be useful for developing a regional market in Central Asia.
- Energy Security: Specific areas of INOGATE support include technical assistance for the renovation of the gas distribution network and installation of smart meters and pressure regulators as well as the operation of an automated system for the balance of gas supply and demand. INOGATE is also conducting a prefeasibility study for using flared gas.
- Energy Statistics: INOGATE has helped develop an Energy Statistics Action Plan (ESAP) for 2012-2014 which is being reviewed by the proper authorities.
- Renewable Energy: INOGATE is providing assistance in development of national level programmes for the assessment of renewable energy (RES) potential in Uzbekistan. Following an analysis of alternative scenarios for RES development, highly replicable pilot projects will be identified and developed for tendering.
- Energy Efficiency: The potential for energy efficiency in Uzbekistan is being assessed by INOGATE. INOGATE provides specific training on energy audits for industrial enterprises.
- Energy Investments: INOGATE is working with International Financial Institutions to identify funding for bankable projects in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
AD-HOC EXPERTS FACILITY
STATUS OF EXPERT REQUESTS
INOGATE STATUS REPORT
PROGRESS OF REFORMS
- Ministry of Economy, Uzbekistan
- Cabinet of Ministers
- Ministry of Finance Uzbekistan
- Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Uzbekistan
- STATE JOIN STOCK COMPANY "UZBEKENERGO"
- State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics
- European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (Uzbekistan)
Delegates from Uzbekistan will participate in:
Upcoming INOGATE activities in Uzbekistan
The INOGATE Programme continues to support the energy dialogue with Uzbekistan within the context of the regional energy cooperation between the INOGATE countries and the European Union.
Increased attention is given to sustainable energy as the energy source of the future. The development of pilot projects for both energy efficiency and renewable energy demonstration is an important aspect of future INOGATE support.
Tariffs are a key issue in energy market reforms and INOGATE will deliver a study providing an overview of tariffs setting methodologies in the Partner Countries and recommending appropriate revisions to tariffs setting methodologies, in line with the relevant EU best practices.
INOGATE continues to support energy supply security by providing a comprehensive study on state of the art technologies for the reduction of gas losses.
The INOGATE Technical Secretariat (ITS) activities are being implemented at national level with ITS expert technical assistance provided in the form of capacity and institutional building, and at regional level where the actions include conferences, study tours, national meetings, as well as networking opportunities.
The INOGATE Technical Secretariat and Uzbekistan jointly defined the activities for implementation in the period of 2015-2016 and agreed them with the European Commission. This country work plan can be found here.