INOGATE & Ukraine
Ukraine has been an INOGATE Partner Country since 1996 and has benefited from 34 of INOGATE's 69 projects. The headquarters of the INOGATE Technical Secretariat are based in Kiev since 1999. INOGATE continues to support Ukraine in various areas of the energy sector:
- Energy Markets: INOGATE is providing assistance to reform the Ukrainian energy sector with a transition to the new market model with Ukraine's National Action Plan on the implementation of the Economic Reforms Programme for 2010-2014. Draft legislation on electrical energy envisages the introduction of a bilateral contracts market. INOGATE is developing a target model of gas market for Ukraine, further approximating the legal framework of Ukraine with EU energy legislation, along with the harmonization of standard.
- Energy Security: INOGATE is helping to build capacity of the State Enterprise "National Project LNG Terminal" to develop an infrastructure plan for LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) supply to Ukraine. Ukraine also the site of the Boyarka metrology centre near Kiev, a regional centre of excellence for metrology technology whose development has been largely supported by INOGATE over the last decade.
- Energy Statistics: With INOGATE assistance, the State Statistics Service of Ukraine (SSSU) has developed its Energy Statistics Action Plan for 2012-14 focusing on the development of a quality energy balance. INOGATE has facilitated the development of a tailor-made methodology and user-friendly tool for energy data collection and energy balance compilation.
- Renewable Energy: INOGATE is helping the State National Agency on Investment Projects to successfully implement their first major biomass project, which should incentivise further investments in biomass.
- Energy Efficiency: INOGATE is supporting the State Agency on Energy Efficiency to create a innovative sustainable energy public information centre in the Kiev Water Museum. INOGATE is providing training to Ukrainian banks interested in better evaluation and assessment of energy efficiency projects.
- Energy Investments: Together with the EBRD, INOGATE supports investment initiatives in the Ukraine through UKEEP and in Moldova through MoSEFF. INOGATE's commitment of €9.5 million in grant support has enabled these countries to access over €120 million of credit lines for energy-saving investments.
- Energy standards: INOGATE is assisting Ukrtransgas in analysing existing regulatory frameworks and building an ambitious programme to transition to European management principles for the country’s gas infrastructure.
AD-HOC EXPERTS FACILITY
STATUS OF EXPERT REQUESTS
INOGATE STATUS REPORT
PROGRESS OF REFORMS
- Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine
- National Comission for Energy State Regulation
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine
- State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine
- Energorynok, SE
- European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (Ukraine)
- NPC Ukrenergo
Delegates from Ukraine will participate in:
Upcoming INOGATE activities in Ukraine
The INOGATE Programme continues to support the energy dialogue with Ukraine within the context of the regional energy cooperation between the INOGATE countries and the European Union.
Increased attention is given to sustainable energy as the energy source of the future. This includes increasing investments to this sector by, for example, undertaking geospatial mapping of energy efficiency/renewable energy sources and providing a visual tool to support an investment dialogue between policy makers, potential investors and the renewable energy supply chain.
Support continues to initiatives such as the Covenant of Mayors, whereby cities are committing themselves to reduce CO2 emissions by 20% through the implementation of Sustainable Energy Action Plans. Seventy cities in Ukraine have already signed up to this ambitious initiative.
Tariffs are a key issue in energy market reforms and INOGATE will deliver a study providing an overview of tariffs setting methodologies in the Partner Countries and recommending appropriate revisions to tariffs setting methodologies, in line with the relevant EU best practices.
INOGATE continues to support energy supply security by providing a comprehensive study on state of the art technologies for the reduction of gas losses. Other key areas of continued INOGATE support include the development of the energy statistics system and the harmonisation of priority gas and electricity standards.
The INOGATE Technical Secretariat (ITS) activities are being implemented at national level with ITS expert technical assistance provided in the form of capacity and institutional building, and at regional level where the actions include conferences, study tours, national meetings, as well as networking opportunities.
As of 2011, Ukraine is a “Contracting party” to the Energy Community. INOGATE will continue to provide technical assistance to Ukraine so that it can adopt and put into practice the EU rules on energy, have closer ties with the EU's single market, attract investment and increase the financial stability of its energy sector.
INOGATE & Ukraine
|Activity Title ▴▾||Date ▾||Status ▴▾||Location||Type|
|Comp D: INOGATE/IEA Training on Energy Statistics and Indicators||05/11/2012 - 09/11/2012||Completed||Tbilisi (Georgia)||Event
|Comp A: Promotion of the INOGATE Programme in Oil and Gas Forum in Ukraine||23/10/2012 - 25/10/2012||Completed||Kiev (Ukraine)||Other Event|
|Comp A: Participation in UNIDO ISO 50001 Seminar - October 19, 2012, Kyiv, Ukraine||19/10/2012 - 19/10/2012||Completed||Kiev (Ukraine)||Event
|Study tour on Bio-energy - Slovakia||16/10/2012 - 18/10/2012||Completed||Banska Bystrica (Slovakia)||Event
|Comp D: Energy Statistics Network Meeting||25/09/2012 - 26/09/2012||Completed||Brussels (Belgium)||Event
|Comp A: Seminar - Workshop EURONEST PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY||19/09/2012 - 19/09/2012||Completed||Brussels (Belgium)||Event
|Comp A: Country and Regional Experts Training||03/09/2012 - 05/09/2012||Completed||Kiev (Ukraine)||INOGATE Meetings|
|ESIB Final Report||31/07/2012 - 31/07/2012||Completed||Event
|Comp B: ITS project presentation to the EASC meeting and conference in Almaty, Kazakhstan||22/05/2012 - 22/05/2012||Completed||Almaty (Kazakhstan)||Event
|Comp A: NEW ITS Workshop for EU Delegations on Project Activities||26/04/2012 - 26/04/2012||Completed||Kiev (Ukraine)||Event
|Comp A: Internal Training Course||23/04/2012 - 24/04/2012||Completed||Kiev (Ukraine)||Training Course|
|Comp A: EU Industry Workshop - Promotion of Investment in the INOGATE Countries||06/03/2012 - 06/03/2012||Completed||Brussels (Belgium)||Event
Seminars & Workshops
|Final Reprt of ITS||15/02/2012 - 15/02/2012||Completed||Reports and Studies|
|Preparation of INOGATE Work Programmes||16/02/2009 - 14/02/2012||Ongoing||Reports and Studies|
|INOGATE Local Information Events||16/02/2009 - 14/02/2012||Ongoing||Astana (Kazakhstan)||Event
|INOGATE Annual Report 2009||15/02/2009 - 14/02/2012||Completed||Publications
Reports and Studies
|INOGATE Web Portal||15/02/2009 - 14/02/2012||Ongoing||Publications|
|Preparation of INOGATE Country Leaflets||01/06/2011 - 14/02/2012||Ongoing||Publications|
|INOGATE 15th Anniversary Report - INOGATE in Milestones 1996-2011||14/02/2012 - 14/02/2012||Completed||Publications|
|INOGATE Annual Report 2011||30/11/2011 - 14/02/2012||Completed||Publications
Reports and Studies
|Translation of 3rd Energy Package of EU Directives||30/11/2011 - 14/02/2012||Completed||Publications
Reports and Studies
|Project Preparation Facility (PPF)||01/06/2010 - 18/01/2012||Completed||Country Requests (AHEFS)
|AHEF Project Fiches||01/01/2010 - 18/01/2012||Completed||Country Requests (AHEFS)
|PPF Project Fiches||01/06/2010 - 18/01/2012||Completed||Country Requests (AHEFS)
Reports and Studies
|SEMISE Case Stories||18/01/2009 - 18/01/2012||Completed||Reports and Studies
Country Requests (AHEFS)