Regional Seminar on developing Energy Efficiency indicators for the monitoring and evaluation of Energy Efficiency policies
This additional training workshop aims to assist the representatives of five PCs (Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Ukraine) in the calculation of EEIs for their country in three main areas or sectors: economy-wide indicators, residential and industry.
- present and discuss with selected PCs the best international practices in terms of Energy Efficiency Indicators, monitoring and evaluation of energy efficiency policies;
- further raise awareness on the importance of data quality and the availability of disaggregated data for the calculation of energy efficiency indicators and the development and monitoring of evidence-based energy policies and measures;
- take stock of the status quo and priorities in PCs in terms of EEIs and Energy Efficiency policies (presentations to be given by participants);
- share with the participants some good examples of EEIs systems developed at the international level (EU, IEA);
- train participants in the use of a simple tool (IEA Template) for the calculation of EEIs with practical exercises;
- demonstrate the progress achieved by INOGATE in selected PCs in the field of EEIs:
- develop and demonstrate a user-friendly tool (with practical exercises) specially developed for modelling household energy data and the calculation of end-use energy consumptions using Belarus and Azerbaijan as showcases;
- prepare and present ITS recommendations for the development of EEIs in the transport and services sectors.