Assistance in developing a template and methodology/guidelines for conducting energy audits for CHPs and district heating systems (AHEF 120.MD)
Energy audits on CHP plants and DH systems require special focus on their unique technical issues. Modernisation of district heating systems is recognised as one of the leading ways to achieve energy savings and reduce GHG emissions. Energy audits are a tool to reveal which measures will be profitable and which measures should be abandoned because they will lose money.
INOGATE Technical Secretariat will elaborate a template and detailed methodology (guideline) for engineers to perform energy audits of CHPs and DH systems. The development of the template should aim at improving the quality of energy audit reports by unifying and standardizing the reporting procedures.
The overall objectives of this technical assistance are:
- To provide the Agency for Energy Efficiency (EEA) with international experience in conducting energy audits for combined heat & power (CHP) plants and district heating (DH) systems.
- To produce a set of documents that will become secondary legislation on energy auditing in CHP and DH according to the requirements of the Directive 2012/27/EU and in this way promoting investments in rehabilitation.
The specific objectives of the assignment are to develop the following items according to international best practice and the requirements of the Directive 2012/27/EU. These documents will become nationally mandated procedures and serve as regulations (secondary legislation).
- Methodologies (guidelines) for conducting energy audits in CHP plants and DH systems, covering all steps from pre-inspection to delivery of final report;
- Template for data collection forms (DCF) in CHP and DH energy audits;
- Sample analysis with spreadsheet tool to calculate feasibility of CHP and DH SE measures and investments in rehabilitation;
- Methodology (guidelines), templates and checklist for conducting review and follow-up of energy audits on CHP plants and DH systems two years after completion of energy audits;
- A one day workshop to teach the beneficiary and other stakeholders in the sector the use of the templates and the establishment of broader energy management system at CHP/DH plants in order to enable continuous improvement of energy performance.