Development of a road-map for introduction of an energy performance certificates system in the building sector of Armenia, including legal framework and distribution of institutional roles (AHEF.124.AM)
The overall objectives of this assignment are:
- Approximation of Armenia with EU legislation;
- Contribution to the improvement of energy efficiency of the building sector of Armenia, according to the best EU practices.
Introduction of an energy performance certificates system is one of the requirements of Directive 2010/31/EC “On the energy performance of buildings” (EPBD), which is a part of the Energy Community (EnC) Acquis. Thus, the results of this assignment will be in the scope of interest to other INOGATE Partner Countries, namely Moldova, Ukraine and Georgia. Moldova and Ukraine joined EnC as full members in 2010 and 2011 correspondingly, but have not fully introduced energy performance certificates system yet. Georgia submitted the application for a EnC full membership in 2013 and is currently negotiating deadlines for the implementation of the EnC Acquis.
Therefore, an additional overall objective of this assignment can be the support of the implementation of EPBD and in particular the energy certification of buildings in the above mentioned countries through follow-up activity, i.e. organisation of a regional capacity building event relevant to this task.
The specific objectives of the assignment are the following:
- Provide the Ministry of Urban Development (MUD) with a consultative assistance to incorporate the requirements of certification of buildings of the EU Directive “On energy performance in buildings” in the national legal framework in Armenia;
- Develop a Roadmap for implementation of energy certification of buildings sector in Armenia;
- Enhance capacity of the Armenian stakeholders on the reforms needed to improve energy efficiency in buildings and to overcome barriers for implementation.
New INOGATE Technical Secretariat and integrated programme in support of the Baku Initiative and the Eastern Partnership energy objectives
Energy standards, Energy security, Energy efficiency
Country Requests (AHEFS), Event
19 - 20 May 2014